The Watermill is a Grade II Star listed five bedroom house. It is on a private island between the millpond and the River Blackbourne, in Ixworth, Suffolk. It is secluded and surrounded by three acres of gardens, river and orchard. Only a two hour drive from London, it is a totally different world. There is spacious accommodation for up to ten people.
The grounds are buzzing with wildlife. Kingfishers can often be seen from a window. Ducks, moorhens and swans are on the pond and river. Occasionally, if you're lucky, an otter or two can be seen.
The Watermill, a family home, is available to rent for self-catering holidays for a luxury break in beautiful surroundings with wildlife interest, walking, bird watching, cycling, wild swimming, fishing, a bit of River Cottage-style cooking, house parties, a truly romantic break or just hanging out in a place with beautiful views from almost every window.
- Five bedrooms, two bathrooms, kitchen, dining room, two sitting rooms, upstairs cloakroom, hall.
- Stunning views of the water from most rooms.
- An open fire and two wood burning stoves all laid and ready to light. Extra firewood provided.
- Welcome hamper containing: bread, milk, butter, tea, coffee & wine.
- An historical watermill surrounded by water and wildlife.
- Central heating as well as an oil-fired AGA.
- Wireless broadband.
- TV, DVD , video, Freeview, board games and books.
- Four well used bicycles, a punt, a two-person canoe and lifejackets for two adults and children.
- Good quality bed linen and towels, cutlery, crockery, pans, recipe books and equipment for cooking and entertaining.